Find out the latest news from Bouldover Climbing Centre.
We had a recent visit from the local Primary School. Here's what they had to say...
"We took 48 child to Bouldover Climbing Centre on a local trip. We couldn’t fault the experience. Every child had the opportunity to try the bouldering walls and the harness walls with an instructor. All staff including instructors were superb and made the staff and especially the children at ease and nothing was too much of an ask. Would highly recommend it for small and large groups. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from us"
Thanks guys. We hope to see you again soon.
#learningoutsidetheclassroom #climbing #bouldering ... See MoreSee Less
Fantastic place..come on down
Newington Primary School on our 1st ever School Trip here at Bouldover!
If you would like further info on school/group bookings please feel free to message the page 😀 ... See MoreSee Less
Gretna Primary School & Nursery this would be a great school trip
Will Kirkpatrick Sarah Kirkpatrick xx
You have been asking, we’ve been listening! Our Bouldover friend Danny has kindly came in and routed out some 7+ routes for our hardcore climbers! Here’s a little video of him testing them out the other day! Come through and have a shot yourself! ... See MoreSee Less
Thomas 'Spider' Griffiths
Ashley Whiting Charlene Craig show this to the kids!!! Richard Fleming think you could do that!!!
Leah Pattinson Maureen Pattinson would be great for Tyler
Are you a member of Mountaineering Scotland? If so we want to hear what you think.
We are asking members to take part in the 2021 member survey. Your responses will help to influence the development of our new strategic plan and operational plans which set out our vision and values as well as key areas of activity and the outcomes we are working towards. The survey takes about 15-20 mins to complete, and will remain open until 5pm Friday 18 June 2021. You can also enter your details for a chance to win one of 3 prizes.
Check your May edition of Members' News for details of how to take part - or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ... See MoreSee Less
Good Afternoon Climbers! Happy Hump day! Its almost the weekend 😀 why not celebrate by coming for a mid week boulder session! Open 2-10pm today 🙂 ... See MoreSee Less
🧗 SATURDAY SCHOOLING 🧗
Know your gripping techniques and holds
While training in a climbing gym you’re going to see a lot of different holds. There are numerous ways to hold them and various hand positions to use.
Here are a few of the different holds and some of the techniques to hold them:
– Slopers: These are simply sloping handholds.
You should try to keep your centre of gravity underneath the sloper and maximize the amount of surface contact you’re getting.
Some Slopers can be pushed against with your thumb facing down and that position is called a Gaston.
– Jugs: This is a big positive hold. Jugs that can be grabbed from the bottom are called underclings, which you can pull up on.
– Pockets: as the name suggests, tiny recesses in the wall, which you can fit your fingers in to hold on. There are 1, 2 and 3-finger pockets
– Crimps: it’s a really small edge that you’re only going to get your fingertips on; wrap your thumb over your index finger to maximize the pressure you can put on the small hold.
– Pinches: it’s a hold that you’re literally pinching by engaging your thumb.
Underclings: these are all the holds that are facing to the ground
– Matching hands: this is a position where you put two hands on the same hold.
– Side pulls: in this technique, you’re pulling sideways on a hold.
– Gastons: it derives its name from the French climber Gaston Rebuffat, this hold is similar to a side pull only that your fingers and palms are now facing into the hold, while your thumb should be pointing downwards. ... See MoreSee Less
We're route setting this afternoon. Why not come down tonight and see what we're up to? There'll be something for everyone. Some stiff grades on our new holds and easier routes for those just wanting some mileage. Introducing 'Dunes' and 'Boomerangs'. #climbing #bouldering ... See MoreSee Less
Hi guys, can you tell me the price for one adult visitor plus 3 and 6 yr old?