Bouldering at Bouldover
Our purpose-built bouldering wall, comprising of around 250m² of bouldering surface, definitely has a certain wow factor! For experienced climbers you can expect stern challenges provided by our route setters with a variety of different styles catered for.
What is bouldering?
If you’re new to bouldering or not sure what it’s all about, think of it like this…
- The same as climbing but un-hindered by ropes or other technical equipment.
- Bouldering is a form of climbing usually practiced on small rock boulders, or at indoor walls. Bouldering is carried out at lower heights than roped climbing. The “boulderer” is able to climb down or jump down from the wall
- Can be as hard or easy as you want to make it.
- It’s a great way to get fit and stay toned.
- Just turn up in sports clothing and you’re ready to go. As you progress, we would recommend climbing shoes and chalk. We can help you with this by providing equipment for hire or guide you in the right direction should you wish to invest in your own.
- It can be a great social activity. Just come along with your friends and family and enjoy yourselves
- Our bouldering wall is suitable for ages 7 years and up. If you’re not quite there yet you could always bounce around in our children’s area.
For younger climbers, find out more about our children’s area.